We do this through education, community outreach, volunteering, field trips, guest speakers, charitable giving, and supporting scientific research.
The Sea Rocket Chapter is based in north and central Brevard County including the communities of Titusville, Cocoa, Merritt Island, Port St. John, Cape Canaveral, Rockledge, Mims, and Scottsmoor. Mailing Address and General Membership Meeting Location: Enchanted Forest Sanctuary 444 Columbia Blvd., Titusville, Florida 32780 Attention: Sea Rocket Chapter, Florida Native Plant Society. Email: email@example.com.
What We Do
- Have monthly guest speakers that provide programs on a variety of topics relevant to the mission of the Sea Rocket Chapter.
- Lead field trips to conservation lands in central Florida.
- Native Plant Sales several times each year.
- Provide information on native plant landscaping and its benefits for a healthy environment, including water, wildlife, pollinators, butterflies and Florida's natural heritage.
- Support policies and programs that protect our natural lands and encourage proper management of those lands.
- Support research on native plants, their habitats, and the wildlife that depend on them.
We have field trips to visit the wonderful flora in our area, some of which can be found no where else on earth! Our field trip leader is Dr. Paul Schmalzer, plant ecologist with the Kenedy Space Center and UCF. Check our Calendar page for upcoming hikes.
We have plant sales throughout the year to help you acquire native plants for your own backyard or business. All of the sales are attended by knowledgeable members who are happy to help answer any questions you may have or give you some guidance as to what natives may do well in your yard or garden. Check our Calendar page for upcoming sales. Sea Rocket members are entitled to a special discount on their plant purchases at Sea Rocket plans sales. Not a member? Sign up the day of the sale and claim your discount!!! We now accept credit cards! Our next plant sale will be held in March at the Enchanted Forest Sanctuary in Titusville. We'll post the date once arrangements have been completed. Come early for the best selection and remember, members are eligible for discounts!
Contact Us !
Our Current Board Members are:
President - Paul Schmalzer, PhD.
Vice President - OPEN
Treasurer - Patti Larson
Secretary - Laura Covel
Chapter Representative - OPEN
Membership - OPEN
Education / Outreach - OPEN
Nursery - OPEN
Hike Leader - Paul Schmalzer, PhD
Newsletter - Tenzin Yeshi
Hospitality - Elizabeth Bishop
Social Media - Jill Whitley
Photo Credit: Bryan Ames, Railroad Vine