We do this through education, community outreach, volunteering, field trips, guest speakers, charitable giving, and supporting scientific research.
The Sea Rocket Chapter is based in northern Brevard County including the communities of Titusville, Cocoa, Merritt Island, Cape Canaveral, Rockledge, Mims, and Scottsmoor.
What We Do
- Have monthly guest speakers provide programs on a variety of topics relevant to the mission of the Sea Rocket Chapter.
- Lead field trips to conservation lands in central Florida.
- Provide information on native plant landscaping and its benefits for a healthy environment including water, wildlife, polinators, butterflies and Florida's natural heritage.
- Support policies and programs that protect our natural lands and encourage proper management of those lands.
- Support research on native plants, their habitats, and the wildlife that depend on them.
We have hikes to visit the wonderful flora in our area, some of which can be found no where else on earth! Our hikes are lead by Dr. Paul Scmalzer, plant ecologist with the Kenedy Space Center and UCF.
We have plant sales throughout the year to help you acquire native plants for your own backyard or business as they are hard to find at the big box stores. All of the sales are attended by some of our master gardeners who are happy to help answer any questions you may have or give you some guidance as to what natives may do well in your garden.
Contact Us !
Our Current Board Members are:
President - Kate Chiodini
Vice President - Lois Harris
Treasurer - Vacant
Secretary - Vacant
Chapter Representative - Vacant
Membership - Kate Chiodini
Education / Outreach - Janina Shoemaker
Social Media / Marketing - Kate Chiodini
Nursery - Lois Harris
Hike Leader - Paul Schmalzer, PhD
Newsletter - Jill Whitson
Hospitality - Armad De Filippo